Saturday, October 27, 2012

NaNoWriMo Approaches...



I have my idea. I have notes (only those allowed, of course!), and I have even "written" a few scenes in my head. I know the plot in its entirety, and I know the characters in full.

Should be easy to come up with the 50k words for NaNo, right? 

Probably not. Past experience has dictated that things one thinks are easy are likely the opposite. I was all excited for NaNo to begin so I could finally get these fictional children I've birthed out of my mind and onto digital paper, but looking at the November schedule effectively squashed that enthusiasm. I'm pretty sure that whoever decided to make November the novel-writing month doesn't celebrate Thanksgiving. 

Yes, most months have some sort of obligation/holiday/other difficulty, but November is particularly challenging if you're trying to set aside time to write. Divided up, only 1,667 words are required per day, but because I tend to overthink and self-edit on the spot, this is about three hours of work, and how am I supposed to manage that in NOVEMBER?!?!

Oh well, this is rant #1, and I will keep my eye on the prize...a completed first draft of my next novel, which, if I do say so myself, is pretty cool. I won't give too much away (certainly not ready for that), but I will pin and tweet to keep myself focused, so here's to NaNoWriMo!




No comments:

Post a Comment